- PhD Climate Computing, University of Oxford, 2017-2021.
- MSc Climate Physics, University of Kiel, 2014-2017.
- MSc Course on the Arctic Atmospheric Boundary Layer, University Centre in Svalbard, 2016.
- Marine Physics, University of Western Brittany, France, 2013-14 (year 1 of MSc).
- BSc Physics of the Earth System, University of Kiel, Germany, 2010-13.
- Postdoctoral associate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2022-now.
- Post-doctoral research assistant, University of Oxford, 2021-2022.
- Post-doctoral research assistant, University of Oxford, 2017.
- University of Oxford, UK, 2015.
- Alfred-Wegener-Institute (AWI), Bremerhaven, Germany, 2012 and 2013.
Awards and prizes
Oceanographic research cruises and summer schools
- Chair Phoenix or Cyborg: The anatomy of Earth System software in Julia, JuliaCon 2023 minisymposium, Cambridge MA, USA (video).
- Education and Skills coordinator, Oxford Climate Society, 2019-2020.
- Grand Challenges Seminar on Anthropocene and the Post-Truth World, Jesus College Oxford, May 2018.
- Stumeta, conference for meteorology students, Kiel, Germany, 4-8 May 2016.
- MIT freshmen orientation field trip to Mt Washington, Aug 2023.
- Tutor for Geophysical Fluid Dynamics in MSc in Mathematical and Theoretical Physics, University of Oxford, April and May 2022.
- Guest lecturer for MSc Sustainable Urban Development, University of Oxford, Dec 2020 and 2021.
- School of Climate Change coordination, Oxford Climate Society, Winter 2019 and 2020, Fall 2019.
- Software engineering demonstrator for Doctoral Training Centre, University of Oxford, 2020-2021.
- Numerical modelling demonstrator for Doctoral Training Centre, University of Oxford, 2018-2020.
- RaspberryPi weather stations at NERC DTP Induction, Wytham Woods, UK, Sep 2022.
- RaspberryPi weather stations at NERC DTP field trip, Exmoor National Park, UK, Sep 2018.
- Python programming at GEOMAR Kiel, Germany in Jun 2016, Jan 2017 and Jul 2017.
Mentoring and thesis committee
- Juniper Tyree, University of Helsinki, since Sep 2023.
- Ayoub Fatihi, ECMWF Code for Earth, since May 2023.
- Ishaan Jain, Google Summer of Code, since May 2023.
- Nature Climate Change
- Journal for Advances in Modeling Earth Systems (JAMES)
- Geoscientific Model Development (GMD)
- Environmental Research Letters (ERL)
- Journal of Open Source Software (JOSS)